You train hard on the field, on the court, in the gym and beyond every day. At Beaver Sports Medicine, we know proper nutrition is a key factor in supporting your active lifestyle.
When you combine proper eating and sleeping practices with your athletic routine, you can experience better performances and be less susceptible to injury and fatigue. Here are some of the tips we share with our patients to maximize performance and all around health.
Before training session:
- Eat food that is high in carbohydrates and moderate in protein.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Eat smaller portions as game-time approaches.
- Drink about 5-12 ounces of water every 15-20 minutes as recommended by The American College of Sports Medicine.
- Eat a small meal within 30 minutes of vigorous exercise.
- Try protein drinks or smoothies to replace diminished glycogen stores.
- Drink 24 ounces of fluid for every pound of body weight lost during exercise.
Talk to our certified athletic trainers for more tips for your specific training regiment.